“Julie may cause watery eyes, urinary incontinence, mood changes, terminal smile, hot flashes ,unusual thirst, extraordinary thinking, and impulsive electronic envy” -Debbie Lawrence, Bird On A Wire.
Julie Maloney has been an active member of the blogging community for two years. In that short period of time she has grown a vast readership and following on both Twitter and Facebook. She blogs about whatever she wants on her personal site, Momspective (www.Momspective.com), and hosts a wide array of product reviews and giveaways on her sister site Momspective Reviews (reviews.Momspective.com).
In November 2008 she wrote an inspirational story about her journey to weight loss using the Nintendo Wii Fit (www.Momspective.com/Wii-Fit) and founded The Wii Mommies virtual fitness online community (www.WiiMommies.com) in December 2008, which has become the source of great support and encouragement for individuals around the world who want lose weight and get fit through virtual fitness using the Nintendo Wii gaming system*.
In March 2009, Julie participated in the EA SPORTS Active 30 Day Challenge with 11 other team members, including Allison Sweeney, host of The Biggest Loser. She met one-on-one with Oprah’s personal fitness trainer, Bob Greene, and talked about how to better reach members of her community on achieving their personal fitness goals.
Julie teamed up with the EA SPORTS Active team again when they launched their “More Workouts” series and once again joined up with team members – this time including Nancy O’Dell – to put ourselves through the pre-programmed six week challenge. In two years, Julie has lost about 100 pounds using the fitness games designed for the Nintendo Wii.
When the weather cools and football teams take the field Julie can be found at home, cheering on the Carolina Panthers. She is using her passion for football to help women enjoy the game and help strengthen relationships with their spouses by teaching women about the sport through Fantasy Football. She also managed a bit of press (you can see it on her press page) because of her superstitious “No Pants Sunday” gig. The reason Carolina isn’t good? Yeah. She’s wearing pants this year. Sorry, Carolina.
She has since formed her own Corporation, Cool Mom Guide, LLC, doing business as both Momspective and the Wii Mommies. She has over 13,000 followers on Twitter, nearly 1500 Facebook friends and reaches up to 100,000 page views a month. Julie also has mentions on numerous television outlets and national magazines for her work online. Please refer to the Press Page for a listing of awesome Julie can be found on.
Guidelines for Review and Disclosure Policy are as follows:
- Please submit all queries to Julie@momspective.com . I MUST agree to review the product before it is sent for review. Any products delivered without prior notice will not guarantee that product will be tested and reviewed due to the amount of review requests I receive. All items sent are non-returnable. My email is checked daily and you can expect a reply back within 24-48 hours regarding my interest in reviewing your product, along with my shipping information for you to send the non-returnable item for review.
- Please include any product information, images, pricing and web site information and links pertinent to the review. I can not review items that my family and I are unable to test, so please look around this website and pick a suitable item to send with your press kit.
- I will complete a fair and honest evaluation of your product, and a review will appear on the Momspective Reviews website if it meets my standards for usability and quality. This is a great opportunity to spread the word about a new product or service. Please include any contact information in the event that I have any questions or problems with the product.
- Once the Review is published on Momspective reviews, it is broadcast on the sidebar RSS post list on Momspective.com, my RSS and Facebook feeds and various communities that I belong to that display my RSS feed (Babycenter.com, the Mom Bloggers Club, Twitter Moms and more) and to my 13,000+ followers on Twitter.
- Momspective Reviews would also be happy to host a giveaway for your product or service. With giveaways, I also submit each giveaway with over a dozen Contest Submission sites that I am registered with to guarantee maximum exposure.
- Site Giveaways typically run for ten days to two weeks to ensure maximum exposure. Winners are typically chosen via comments left on the giveaway/contest post using the Random Integer Generator at Random.org. We would then provide you with the winners shipping info for you to ship the product won to the winner or I could use one of my discounted shipping services but would require shipping costs be reimbursed via Paypal prior to shipping.
- With my Site Giveaways, I always confer with the company I am working with to see what actions they would like my readers to take to be qualified to win. For example, some companies ask for my readers to follow them on Twitter, a social networking site while others ask that my readers visit their company website and return to my site to comment on a specific item or topic of interest from that site.
- For featured giveaways without review or other advertising info, or for reviews/giveaways you would like to feature on Momspective.com (which includes a mention on the Momspectve Blog Talk Radio Show that airs Monday nights at 10PM EST), please email Julie@momspective.com for a rate card.
If you have any questions or requests regarding my Review and Giveaway policies, Feel free to contact me at: Julie@momspective.com and I would be happy to work with you and your company to find a solution that would work for all parties involved.
Momspective Review Policy: This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog does accept forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. I will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations. The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. I am sometimes compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though I receive compensation for some of our posts or advertisements, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. If compensation is received for a post, it will be clearly disclosed in the post. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
*The Wii Mommies was created on Julie’s behalf to inspire others to potentially improve their own health and fitness. Nintendo, EA SPORTS and other third-party fitness gaming brands do not support or endorse these websites. Julie simply appreciates the hell out of them for making her skinny. While I do review products and work on campaigns, I am not paid to endorse these brands. If anyone pays me, I disclose it. Thanks.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to contact me at: